Thursday 28 March 2013

Animation. Doing the tough stuff!

Drawing walking or The Walking Cycle

At the Ashcott Animation Club, I decided it would be fun to learn a little about the walk cycle. It's one of the key skills to learn in animation. People learn this at Big School, or even Big Big School - My lovely lot are only in year 5 and 6!

There are some fantastic resources here and here and I used this image, from angryanimator for the children to colour in. The idea was that they would start by colouring these frames, then if they wanted they could draw legs onto a simple body, and then develop from there. I think it was late in the term, and none of them wanted to take it further in this session, but I think they will be impressed with the animation they have produced using this template, and I will definitely try this again!

Here's the template they used:

It was the end of  long term, and they were very tired, AND poor Trystan had a broken arm :( Here's the drawings they produced. - I need to work on my photography skills though!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this post...